Thursday, March 17, 2011
My Week
Wed. morning I got up and headed to the airport to pick up my son. He is home on leave for the next week. This visit is bittersweet, as soon as he gets back to Alaska he will be headed to Afghanistan for a year. This means limited communication and not seeing him for at least 6 months and possibly longer. The good news is that after his flight got in, we headed to the jewelry store and he bought a beautiful diamond ring for his girlfriend. While she was in class, he surprised her and proposed. Although I didn't get to see it, I hear it was quite an event. Although there isn't an official date yet, the planning has begun. This next year hopefully will go by quickly. As both her and I will be graduating in May, my boy will be coming home and then there is all that wedding planning. Dresses to try on, invitations to make, what flowers.........oh the list goes on and on. Yesterday was quite possibly one of the best days of my life. Now I not only have a wonderful son, but a beautiful daughter too! Congrats Holly & Zac! I hope that all your dreams come true, that you fall deeper in love with each other every day and most of all you have lots of kids for me to spoil. I love you guys :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats Mickie, such an exciting time! Have fun helping plan the wedding and all the memories that will be made.
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo happy for you! Holly must have been really surprised when Zac went to school and proposed to her, how cool was that! I really like the lots of kids part, grandkids are the best. You and Dean will make awesome grandparents!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds pretty darn exciting in my opinion. Best of luck in this ;)
ReplyDelete