Friday, March 25, 2011

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong to think that our country needs to help our people first?
 Am I wrong to want the homeless to have a warm, comfortable place to live?
Am I wrong to want children to have great educations, food in their bellies, a roof over head and parents that love them and don't have too much stress in their lives?
Am I wrong to feel for the countries out there in the wake of their disasters, yet wonder why it is that our country can't take care of its own, but still continues to send aid everywhere else?
Am I wrong for wanting America to be that great land it used to be?
Am I wrong for feeling bitter about loosing my job to a third world country?
Am I wrong for buying a foreign made car?
Am I wrong for hating Walmart and all that it stands for?
Am I wrong or am I just a proud American who has had enough?
Am I wrong, or could it be I am right?
Wrong or right, good or bad. I am who I am.
Life has a funny way of molding us into the people we are through the actions, trials, tragedies, and love brought to us.
It is what we do with those major tramas in our lives that decides if we lived our lives, or if life lived for us.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Mickie, I agree with you! I also believe that if the government had given the people the money instead of the banks and the big companies that people would have paid off their houses and other bills and the country would not be in the shape it is in today.
    Whatever though life goes on and we are just peons in the whole scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the repetition of “Am I wrong.” Often we think that repetition is bad (and it can be redundant in a traditional essay), but this repetition is almost poetic in its emphasis. I also want to comment on two of your points...one, we have always been a nation with a dark side, so don’t idealize history and two, I am with you all the way on boycotting Wal-Mart! :)

    ReplyDelete