After working several years in a factory, my company decided to go to 4- 10 hour days. Working 3rd shift, this allowed me to seek a part-time job for the weekends. My intentions were to help build back up my savings which had become depleted due to an accident my husband had which caused him to be off work for over 5 months. I applied for one job and got it. It was a totally different setting and I really loved it. Soon after getting the second job, my factory job smacked us all in the face stating that it would be closing the doors in June (this was May). To make matters worse I was made to work every weekend at the factory job making it impossible to work the second job. I had a boss who was willing to work with me and have others fill in for me during the time off. The end of June came, still working, then July, August, September and into Oct. I had to quit the part-time job, it just wasn't fair to those filling in for me and I had NO idea how long my factory job would last. The week after I quit the part-time job, I was given notice at my factory job that it was my last day. So, after having two jobs, finally getting ahead I was now down to no jobs and no idea what to do.
I felt like I was in a large hole and everytime I had made it to the top, there was someone standing there ready to kick me back down. At my age and with the way the economy was, what was I going to do? I decided to go to college. I never want to work in a factory again.
I think that when things go wrong, it is the way that you look at them which determines whether they are wrong, or if they are a huge opportunity. They say that God never gives you more than you can handle. Maybe this is true. All I know is I went from the depths of a massive depression to a new found love for school and this wonderful challenge I have. While I thought all of my bad fortune was bad, it really ended up being a blessing in disguise. I never would have went to college or had the opportunity to do this had it not been for the loss of my jobs.
Mickie, I think you handled this situation well. I can't imagine having 2 jobs, and then in the matter of a week not having a job at all. It seemed like you kept your head up and pushed through the hard battles. I agree with your statement saying "I think that when things go wrong, it is the way that you look at them which determines whether they are wrong, or if they are a huge opportunity." I agree and it looks like you are going to be the one succeeding in this situation. Best of luck to you!
ReplyDeleteThat seems to happen to me all the time. whenever I am doing something I tend to do it wrong.
ReplyDelete