Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day

There are 3 of us in my family, my husband, my son and me. We are a huge sports family and for the most part usually root for the same teams. We love the Buckeyes and the Reds, however when it comes to football and hockey we have a split. My "boys" love the cowboys (I know right?) and I love, love, love my BEARS. I have loved them since I was a little girl and thought I would someday marry Walter Peyton. (hey a girl can dream) Then we get to hockey and all 3 of us like a different team. I love the Ducks. My husband is a die hard Wings fan and my son, bless his heart loves the Bluejackets. I hardly ever get to see my Ducks play, as they are a California team and usually the Wings and Bluejackets are on TV in this area. There are a few times though I do get to see them, like when my Ducks swept the Wings in the play offs. Yes, I did have a broom waiting for my husband when he got home. It is all in fun though. I love to watch the Wings play, they have an awesome team and I enjoy hockey. I just can't bring myself to like a Michigan team. A few years back I came up with the BEST April Fools prank ever. I left my husband a note telling him that I had decided to switch teams and my new team was the Wings. I stated that I never get to see my team play, I know his players better than mine and so on. He was SO happy he went to work and told another Wings fan (one of his good friends) that I finally came to my senses and was a Wings fan now. The next dayI said what is the date yesterday anyway? He said it was the 1st why? I said, Oh April Fools day right? Then it hit him, he knew I had pranked him. I really got him good. I never can fool him or pull one over on him, so for me this was a major victory. One that we still laugh about each April 1st.
Enjoy all the pranksters out there!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a good April Fools Joke. It made me laugh. My dad pulled one on me too. He told me someone gave him a new blackberry. I thought it was a phone and he was going to give the phone to me but it turns out it was fake blackberry as a fruit. I was so mad, he got me good!

    ReplyDelete