Thursday, January 27, 2011

Moving away from home, why everyone should do this once in their lifetime.

When I was 18 I got married and moved away from my safe little town. Talk about culture shock! It was out in the "real" world that I came to realize how much of a bubble you live in when you are still in your hometown. It is amazing how once you step out of that bubble you see things in a different light. While home is, and always will remain dear to every ones heart, I think everyone should at least step outside of their comfort zone and see what life is like outside the bubble. It may not be for everyone, and it doesn't even have to be for a long time. Just if you can, take a chance, step outside your bubble and experience something different. Living in a different state and even abroad didn't change who I was or how I was raised, it just opened my eyes to new things and made me see things from a different point of view.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds a lot about what I am about to do, except the getting married part. I'm graduating in May and then come August I will be moving to New York City. It is going to be a huge culture shock compared to rual Northwest Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see what where your coming from. Well I feel the same thing about how you should step out of your comfort zone. I really want to get out of this small town and move to a bigger one because most of my life I haven been stuck here. I really want to see what it is really like living in a bigger city.

    ReplyDelete